Saturday, July 11, 2009

Leftovers lunch and healthy cakes


Lunch made from last night's dinner. I cooked an awesome dinner last night. Free range pork fillet with a sage, caper and lemon stuffing, with roasted pumpkin, beetroot and the last of the capsicums from the garden. Also did some vege sausages for G. Leftovers made a good hash. Lemony coleslaw with cabbage, carrot, apple, walnuts and fennel (from the garden).
Tim thinks this picture is just a mess and I'd have to concede that it probably is...


And these get me in the good books with E because they're dairy and gluten-free:

3/4 C rice flour
1/4 C ground almonds
1/4 C cocoa
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t  salt
1 C caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 C rice milk
1/2 C chocolate chips

Mix first 5 ingredients, plus half the sugar in a bowl.
Whisk egg yolks with rice milk and stir into dry ingredients.
In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. 
Add remaining sugar to whites and beat until peaks form again.
Fold one third of egg white mixture into flour mix.
Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture and chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 12 well-greased muffin pans and bake at 200 degrees C
for 12-15 mins or until firm when pressed in middle.

2 comments:

  1. I hope I'm allowed to talk about the food I make on here. I make a lot more yummy food than I do beautiful hand crafted goods, so it seemed to be a way of participating more regularly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally post about food! Or the weather or clothes or work or anything...I post about knitting because I am OCD and it's all I do at the moment. As for Tim, ha, that food looks fab. I looked at that photo and wondered if you would like to come and live with me to be my personal chef.

    ReplyDelete