Friday, August 21, 2009

The Kindness of Strangers


I joined an international knitting swap with a group on Ravelry, which is super geeky but turned out to be pretty fabulous! Look at the great stuff I got! Some really nice greeny blue and organic wool, plus noro wool which I keep hearing about but seems to be absent from all NZ knitting shops. Why, when we have so many sheep, do we have so little choice here? This person sent me 6 balls of lovely wool and some other stuff too, including the cutest pattern for a knitted bat! I particularly liked the wooden marbled dpns, very pretty. If I was the type of person to say 'squeee!' it would go here. You have to come round and look at all my loot. I need help deciding what to make. 

And here, finally, is a photo of the shrug that I don't think I will ever actually wear. I do quite like it still, I just don't know what I would wear it with. I think I need to buy a nice, simple black summer dress. Or maybe I could commission you to make me one? Seriously? I can't find any that work on me, my shoulders are narrow and my hips are wide (sigh) so they are not usually flattering. By the way....can you see the coloured in stitches in the shrug? NO! Haha, I'm so clever!


2 comments:

  1. What's the deal??!! They just send you stuff for free? What did you send in return?
    I still need to load photos of the tops I made before I went away. One needs washing, the other needs ironing. A weekend task.
    I can't believe how quickly you've done that brown jumper you showed me. It's taken me three months to do what you have seemingly achieved in a week. Grrrr. And yours looks nicer. Double Grrrr.
    We could talk about black dresses if you want. You'd be better to ask Elise though, she's cleverer than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no I think I would be happier with you knowing my measurements! But no pressure obviously, I don't want to be one of those people who takes advantage of their friends' talents! Your sweater is looking wonderful you dork, I actually much prefer it to mine, so we make a good jealous pair : )
    The knitting swap was awesome! I sent off some wool and a pattern and other bits and pieces to someone in america, and another person did the same for me! I'll let you know if another one pops up and you can join in.

    ReplyDelete