Saturday, August 8, 2009

Knitting mysteries are turning out to be not so scary after all


Starting with the mystery of the double pointed needle (or, as I now like to call them, dpns). They were not as bad as I had been expecting, just a bit fiddly. And I kept forgetting to change to the spare needle and ended up with all my stitches jammed onto 2 needles (not very circular knitting) and having to redistribute. But overall, not too worrying. So pleased with my new hat! It's just a shame that I made it so far into winter. But I think I might take it to Peru, as temperatures at night go below zero apparently. Brr! Also might need some cosy headbands!
You can see I am looking pretty smug in this photo, but it sums up the pride at having learned something new : ).

I started your birthday present today! Such a gorgeous wool, I'm really glad that I got a few balls of it before it was discontinued. I will take a photo and let you have a preview soon. The Devonport markets went well! I made some moolah which was nice, would have felt a bit shamed if nothing had sold. Will be going back to do it again in few months...just need to build up the stock levels again.

1 comment:

  1. That's lovely and you do look suitably smug (but also cute)!
    Well done on making some $$$ - what sort of people came to buy?
    I made two new tops over the weekend. Well, I finished one and made another. I'm just washing them and then I can put some pictures up.
    Charlotte, I'm thinking about buying a new camera. The one Giona recommended according to what I want is $800. Scary.

    ReplyDelete