Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here comes the sun




Though the snow was very beautiful, I am happy to see the sun at last. I thought you might like to see a few snapshots of our walk in the park yesterday, plus a little video Tim made of himself cracking ice. It looks perilous, but the ice pond couldn't have been more than 20 cm deep!


Along with the sun, the daily temperatures have risen. But after dark it drops again and becomes icy, as I unfortunately discovered last night when running to catch the bus. Fell hard on my behind.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Is your bum alright?

    That video is freaky...even if it is shallow under there. 20cm of freezing water would feel quite deep enough if you fell through!
    I bet the sunshine is a welcome sight. Won't be long before you get to see springtime in Europe : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only my pride was injured...

    Umm, your parcel still hasn't arrived. I asked at the supermarket and they said that if it wasn't collected they would return it to sender provided there was a return address (thankfully not destroy it...). They also said though that if you had a tracking number you might be able to see where it's at. Also, perhaps you can provide the tracking number to me and I could ask them. Apparently they can't just search under my name. I don't know what's gone wrong here. I hope I wrote my address right when I gave it to you.

    ReplyDelete