Friday, March 12, 2010

Nimble fingers


Finally I have the energy again to tell you about my weekend! (Really I wasn't that tired, but procrastinated as usual).

Remember how I told you a few posts back about Juliane and her beautiful dolls? Well, she taught me how to make one! She invited me to her doll-making class in Höör over the weekend, and by the end of it, I was holding a gorgeous doll, albeit bald, made by my own hands (with rather a lot of help from Juliane...) The class was held in a Waldorf kindergarten, which was the perfect pastel-y place to pass the hours hand sewing, eating cakes and chatting with my classmates. It was so much fun. I'm so proud of what I have created:



I'm just putting one photo here, but you can link to Juliane's website to see lots more. I actually haven't finished crocheting the wig yet - this one is just borrowed for the photo.

(Now I just need a little girl to gift her to - come on Tim!)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that is so sweet! You are so clever! How did you manage to make such a perfect looking one on your first go?

    I had a look at her website, she is really talented. I think the doll-making looks addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I had another look, did you take all those beautiful photos? I think you have another career option if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona,
    Your doll is gorgeous! Hope you're having a wonderful time in Sweden!

    ReplyDelete