Friday, January 29, 2010

Down-sizing and up-skilling


Back to basics. This is to be a hat for an African bébé. The knitting group is making some hats for Save the Children, to be sent to Africa in April. This kind of charity doesn't come at a great price - this one is made of the finest acrylic yarn... Oops, looks like it's got all twisted.


I finished the knitting on the sweater on Wednesday - finally! Now it's just sewing up and blocking like anything to make it fit! Once this is done, I'm going to concentrate on baby goods for a while before embarking on my next sweater. A project that large needs to have some interesting bits, but I can't tackle those until I have some half decent skills.

Another picture for you, taken during a late afternoon walk yesterday. It was probably only about 4 pm actually.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, that's a nice thing to do. Will feel really quick after all your miles of stocking stitch!

    ReplyDelete