Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tiny Triumphs

Life being what it is at the moment I decided I needed a project to keep my brain busy, and so I thought I would brave one that I have been meaning to start, but am intimidated by. It's a cabled wrap and I failed to notice before casting on that it involves lots of the things I don't like to do. Seed stitch and yarn-overs for a start. I find yarn-overs so confusing for some reason, I know what I am meant to do and it's not like they're hard but they stump me. Still, am going to give it a good go! Oh and it's also the first attempt at using a chart, which is not too bad having used them for cross-stitch, but is slow-going at the moment anyway.

Twisty little yarn-overs here...
Some cables, these are the ones that sort of worked. There are some which are inexplicably holey and I am wondering if I knitted the stitches in the right order (?).
And here is motivation to keep at it and finish quickly! I got some lovely new wool today from Mel! I love it, very pretty colours. They are (hopefully) going to be a shawl.
Here, to finish, is a random picture of our driveway last night that sent me into a rage at how bloody stupid and thoughtless our neighbours are. Seriously! Who thinks this type of behaviour (i.e. childish and f*cking rude) is ok? Emailed this photo to landlord and told him he is in breach of our cross-lease agreement by allowing his wretched tenants to do this (daily). We will see how that goes.
Hope your jumper is done! Hi to Tim and lots of love to you : )

1 comment:

  1. I owe you a proper email, and this was on my to-do list over the weekend, so I'll get to it today. But I just have to go out and do some tasks first (the sun is shining too and this is a rare treat, so I should make the most of it).

    That project looks HARD! But good for you taking it on.

    And your neighbours - OMG! I hate them for you. Is tenancy tribunal available to you? Probably not I think, but check this site: http://www.dbh.govt.nz/tenancy-index

    ReplyDelete