Saturday, January 30, 2010

The wool that will NOT end.

I bought 4 skeins of this stuff because I love the colour and it was on sale. But I am fast getting sick of it because it just doesn't ever seem to run out! I have made 4 things from it now and I still have a whole ball left! First thing I made was this shrug (which has been very useful!).

Then I made a little bat toy (for fun). I got the pattern from the nice lady who I did that wool swap with last year. I used 'safety' eyes, hehe, as I am paranoid about giving things with buttons on them to kids who might pull them off and eat them leaving me in the bad books with their parents.
Then I made a star and had fun felting by hand. Tedious and not awfully rewarding.
And then there is the latest attempt at finishing which I won't show you as it's part of your present...
So I hope you like the colour too! By the way, I LOVE wearing that apron you made me and I get lots of compliments on it. Even from Cameron who I swear wouldn't notice if I started wearing nothing but pvc and did my make-up every morning. Hope all is good in snowy Sweden, great photos, keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. I did already comment on this post, but for some reason it hasn't saved...

    The little bat is sooo cute! How do you make him hang there?

    And I love that colour! How exciting! Your shrug is gorgeous. I might try to make something like that as the scale is not too ambitious. Can you recommend any good patterns?

    Watch you mailbox this week... (though I'm worried about it because I wasn't required to put a customs sticker on it).

    ReplyDelete