Monday, January 18, 2010

Sticking it to Sweden



This will get finished this week. You probably don't believe that though, and you'd have good reason. But it has travelled to the other side of the world with me, so I think it's finally time to put it to bed.

I've rediscovered Ravelry - it's going to be my ticket to new friends in Sweden (hopefully). I've found a knitting group in nearby Malmö, which meets every Wednesday to knit, talk and eat baked treats. Doesn't that sound perfect?

This week will be my first visit - I'm making Ginger Crunch. Good choice?

2 comments:

  1. I have complete faith that you will not only finish it, but wear it! It's looking great. That knitting group sounds so good, can I join you via webcam? Hope it goes well! Jealous of the ginger crunch. Very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun! They are all really nice and have inspired me to work on my knitting a lot this year. They meet every Wednesday, taking turns to host (much better than buying $8 coffees in a cafe!). I can't wait for next week already.

    You should hunt for one in Auckland. I think there is a group in Franklin Road actually. I always meant to check it out, but life gets in the way in NZ...

    Ginger crunch though not that crunchy. I think baking in a foreign country is some kind of science experiment.

    Received exciting news from Elise - how lovely! Sad to miss it...

    ReplyDelete