Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So long Saroyan!

I have washed and blocked my scarf/shawl and it came up nicely, I think I may even wear it today. I have decided not to dye it, it will go with more in this colour. Got very bored with the pattern by the end, but your finished product and the fact that I badly want to do some baby knitting motivated me to get it done! I could probably have done one or two more repeats to give it a little more length, but it covers my shoulders and is so warm...good timing. It's getting cold here!



This little cardigan is what I am going to cast on today. I am going to use some of my Debbie Bliss wool in forest-green that I got in that swap last year (you have seen the stash, I don't need to buy anything!)
I am going to make the little bird mobile too, I think it's really sweet and I need a quick project. It also has the added bonus of using up some of my quilting fabric too. Damn quilt. That is still on my 'to finish' list. Do you have a new project lined up?


2 comments:

  1. I saw what you were queueing (sp?) in Ravelry - rather telling! Both jacket and mobile are adorable! I can't wait to try some baby stuff now too, nice small, super cute projects.

    At knitting tonight I cast on for a scarf for my brother but got so bored after 4 rows that I frogged again. I'm going to try to find an interesting pattern and some nicer yarn and start over. Taking a little yarn shopping trip to Malmo on Saturday with Ullrika from the group.

    Your Saroyan looks great - I already commented on Ravelry, but I really love it. I hadn't realised it was such a pretty creamy colour. After seeing your photos I finally blocked mine today and provided the weather tomorrow is as gorgeous as it was today I'll take some photos and get them on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it getting hard to keep it all quiet in the real world now. I have the bump which is freaking me out as it isn't going away (why did I think it would?) but instead is growing alarmingly.

    Tried making the mobile...very quick to knit but it might not ever get finished as my bird looks more like a rat. Hmm. Look forward to seeing your scarf!

    ReplyDelete