Monday, February 15, 2010

Feeling sepia


Finished my hat today, except that I think I need to block it. As usual, I failed to follow the instructions properly and found that I had made twice as many stitches during the increase row. But if I hadn't, I don't see how it would have qualified as "slouchy" - it's pretty much a beanie as it is (this may or may not have to do with my ridiculously tight cast-on row).

Anyhow, it covers my ears and that's good enough for me.

Tim's in Berlin on a field trip for the next couple of days. And I am becoming beyond lazy - how does one stay motivated to get up in the morning when each day feels like the previous one? Today, despite having looked forward to it for a week, I couldn't even force myself out the door for a pilates class. I told myself it was because it was snowing (hardly).

The truth is, I'm feeling shades of brown and grey right now.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Fi, you poor thing. Hope you don't stay feeling down for too long my friend. I am going to email you...
    Your hat looks cool, it really suits you. I have never known how to block hats, let me know if you have any success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blocked the hat today. I just used my own head (!) to shape it while it was damp. I'm really pleased now, it's become a much more relaxed shape. More beret, less beanie, as intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah! Good idea! bet that was a bit uncomfortable for awhile though. If you can be bothered would love to see an after blocking photo.

    ReplyDelete