Sunday, February 21, 2010

Number Six



I had a really frustrating morning (see email rant) which was salvaged by coffee with a friend at Chapter in Mt. Eden. She told me that wherever we are at any given moment is exactly where we are meant to be and that I should stop berating myself and not worry. This turned out to be good advice. I was so cross with myself about work that I decided I would go and deliver my cv to as many local schools as possible before 3 and find some more teaching work dammit!
I click-clacked into a school office in Westmere and was promptly offered a day next week. I had walked in just as the school was trying to arrange enough cover for 7 teachers to have a training day on the new national standards. Excellent.

1 comment:

  1. That's really great about the work in Westmere. Presumably that will be a nice school too. Serendipitous I guess, in light of your friend's advice.

    It's a really hard thing isn't it, to know how to manage those situations where something you have to do gets in the way of something you want to do. I know I'm terrible at it. When I'm in a job, for some reason I always feel like I absolutely can't do anything that's going to put anyone out - like take a spontaneous day off. For that reason, I always feel like I'm missing out on good things in life.

    But the funny thing is, now that I don't even have a job, and for all attempts can't seem to get one, I still feel uncomfortable about spending time doing things I want to do.

    Your friend is right though. You are where you are in your life because it's just meant to be like that. And things do eventually fall into place, apparently. Bah, too abstract, I'll email you instead...

    ReplyDelete