Monday, February 22, 2010

LYS



This place has great capacity to bring cheer to my day. I thought you might like to see it. The picture's a bit dark unfortunately as it was quite late in the day, and it started snowing while I was taking the photo.

As I mentioned, I wasn't too happy with my swatch in the merino-silk, so I bought this instead.


I think the colour is more Mum. Again, not a great photo because taken at night, but it's a pretty muted blue-grey. Best thing is that it was only SEK 20 a skein (NZD $4.00)!

2 comments:

  1. JEALOUS! I want to go there!!!

    Your wool looks beautiful, I think you should keep the scarf : )
    I have to go to work in a minute, but you mentioned holes in your swatch after doing M1 type increases. I think that's normal. I usually knit through the back loop of a M1 to tighten it up, but would mess with a M1L?

    All I have done on scarf so far is wind the wool into a giant ball. Satisfying. Will cast on tonight hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this evening - it's coming along really nicely and the pattern looks pretty in this yarn. I've gone down to 5 mm needles.

    Thanks for the tip re the M1 increases. I'd read on someone else's Ravelry post that they'd done some extra twist to avoid the holes, but if it's perfectly normal then I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete