Friday, February 26, 2010

Saturday morning re-do


So, I have finally got going with the scarf! I started using 6mm needles but it looked loose and gappy so I have done the same as you and gone down to a 5mm. This is much better, and means I get to use my bamboo needles rather than the steel ones which sound like teeth grinding together when you knit. I should get another couple of repeats done today, it's a good pattern isn't it?
So far I have only had one moment of confusion on the last row, where I thought 'bind off 3' meant the next 3 stitches, not including the one already purled. Oops.

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty so far.

    Yeah, that bind off had me perplexed for a while too. I'm enjoying it and I'm really happy with my choice of yarn. I'll be buying more of that.

    Due to my week not being nearly so busy as yours, I'm mid way through the straight section already. But I think I'll be slowing down next week as Swedish classes are every day.

    I really prefer the bamboo needles. It's actually cheaper to buy wooden ones here than metal. That's the way it should be really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You will be finished in no time! I'll have to hurry up...

    I'm not sure about this wool. I swapped it when I ended up with a whole skein too much of the brown wool I used to make my jumper, but I am actually wondering whether I could try dying it after I'm done??

    ReplyDelete