Monday, February 15, 2010

A Wholesome Weekend

Cameron and I went to his parents place in Katikati for the weekend, needed to escape Auckland for a bit and it was really nice. Thought you might like some photos...

Thou shalt not covet thy in-laws wools...



There was some knitting. I am making my first pair of socks. Mainly because I needed a brain-awakening project but I didn't want to bother with winding up balls of wool, and this sock wool was already in a nice, neat ball and has been sitting in my stash making me feel bad for a while now. Time to use it. I got this far into the sock, and realised it looked bloody tiny! Will it ever fit my (un-manicured) foot?

Yes. It does. Very stretchy wool and stitch pattern. Socks are quite fun to make so far. Although I am ignoring the instructions for 'turning the heel' until I have to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Socks! You are brave! So far, so lovely. Really pretty colour. Susanne, in my knitting group, was making her first pair of socks last week too, but I think from the toe up - that's unusual, right?

    Your weekend photos are lovely. Maybe next summer we can visit Katikati with you guys some time - I really liked it there and C's parents are so nice. Wow, that time we visited you there was the first time we met!

    ReplyDelete