Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm late, I'm late...


Gosh, I am so late with this and it's a dumb one too. I meant to take my camera on our visit today, but unfortunately forgot. Very unfortunate, in fact, because we had the loveliest day.

We went to visit Juliane and Fredrik's house, surrounded by strawberry fields (though these are covered in snow right now), in the countryside near Höör. Juliane is in the knitting group, but I hadn't met her before as she spends half her time in Berlin. She is a doll maker (take a look: frokenskicklig) and was previously a professional puppeteer! Fredrik is a sound engineer and has the craziest studio full of retro sound equipment in their little country cottage. It was Juliane's birthday and she had invited some of the knitting group and other friends and family. Everyone was delightful and there was an incredible array of cupcakes and the like. We didn't want to leave and hope we can visit them again.

It was just how we wanted Sweden to be.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so your scarf looks amazing, I am jealous! Mine looks scruffy and incomplete in comparison! Will have some knitting time today though I think. How long is yours at the moment-you are almost finished the straight section right? I am just wondering if going down 2 needle sizes might mean that I need to do some extra repeats to get a good scarf length.

    Your day sounds great! I didn't know there was such a thing as a professional puppeteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get much done today. I'm mid-way through the seventh leaf in the straight section and along the garter stitch edge it measures 62 cm. I think it will need a couple more repeats in the straight section to make it a decent length, maybe I'll make 12 leaves.

    Yeah, we didn't know you could do that either, but it involves 5 years of study!!

    ReplyDelete